October 15, 2013

East Meets West

It was a fortunate day when I met artist Christine Phelps via an Ebay transaction some 10 plus years ago. We both admired each other's work, but were timid to communicate. One day I decided to send her an email praising her folk art that I coveted on the computer screen. Once we made contact, we never have stopped talking. Having long phone conversations about art and creative process take up a lot of minutes and there is still time for the stuff of good friends. This friendship is one of my life's great treasures from California (Sharon) to Connecticut (Christine).

We have been tossing around the idea of collaborating for awhile now. This is our first piece together! I am SO excited about the possibilities of two perfectionists putting their creative hats on and going for the gusto.

I work in clay, paint, and like to bead. Christine works in just about everything from paint to spun cotton and does it well. She is developing her surface designs and patterns, so watch out! We hope you like our new work and look forward to more in the future.

This piece is available in my Etsy shop!


No comments: